PORTCOAST has been the first-ranked consultant in design engineering, supervision consultancy and verification consultancy in waterways - port sector of Vietnam by the Vietnam Ministry of Transport (MOT) in five consecutive years (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016).
(On January 15, 2018, the MOT stopped the evaluation and ranking for consultancy organizations and construction contractors).
For over 40 years, PORTCOAST CONSULTANT CORPORATION (PORTCOAST) has surveyed and designed numerous projects in various fields of ports, maritime structures, access channels, bank protection, container yards, soil improvement, etc., which stretch nationwide of Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, UAE and Pakistan, Egypt...
The projects surveyed and designed by PORTCOAST are owned by local and foreign investors or joint venture companies/ associations in various fields such as cement industry, thermo-electrical industry, gas petroleum industry, general terminals, container terminals, etc.
National major projects conducted by PORTCOAST are as follows:
- Master plan of Vietnam Port System, period 2010-2020, orientation 2030
- Detailed plan of Seaport Group 5 planning belonging to HCM City - Dong Nai Province - Ba Ria Vung Tau Province. (Group No.5)
- Detailed plan of Mekong Delta port system (Group No.6)
- Master plan of the relocation of Sai Gon port and Ba Son Shipyard
- Product Export Jetties and Breakwater - Dzung Quat Refinery
- Improvement project of a navigation channel for large vessels in Bassac river
- Cho Gao Canal Upgrading project
- Coal transshipment terminal in Melkong Delta
- Overall and comprehensive study of Cai Mep - Thi Vai navigation channel
- Lach Huyen Port Infrastructure Construction Project
- Ports/Terminals in Cai Mep - Thi Vai
- Phu Quoc International Cruise Terminal
- Cai Mep Logistics Center
- Ca Na Port
- Van Ninh General Port
PORTCOAST has conducted and taken part in most Vietnam’s foreign-invested projects in ports, waterways and maritime constructions.
With hi-tech geotechnical equipment and a high-equipped laboratory, which both are automatically operated and highly accurate, PORTCOAST enables to meet strict requirements of survey and experiment works.
Furthermore, PORTCOAST is one of the pioneers that applies RTK Technology (Real Time Kinematic), a technology that delivers high accuracy and efficiency, to implement bathymetric mapping work for hundred thousand hectares area for major projects such as: navigation channel for large vessels in Bassac river, hydraulic and bathymetric survey in Soai Rap river and Cai Mep - Thi Vai - Ganh Rai Bay area, etc. With such modern hydrological devices, PORTCOAST has also conducted the surveying works for large-scaled projects in Nghi Son, Cai Mep - Thi Vai, Dinh An, to name but a few.
In addition to design and survey works, PORTCOAST has provided construction supervision & Project Management services for many projects in Vietnam and foreign countries such as: Lach Huyen Infrastructure Development at Hai Phong Viet Nam, Breakwater of Dung Quat Refinery Plant at Quang Ngai Vietnam, Hyosung LPG Port at Ba Ria Vung Tau Viet Nam, Pakistan Deep Water Container Port at Karachi Pakistan, etc.